Tuesday, June 20, 2006

fluffy slipper fetching

say that three times fast. Why should you? Why own a dog that hates you? Why do anything? Why does everything have to have a point?

So, 'mommy' is away again leaving me and my dog (who hates me) to do some bonding. Or not. But the bonding time will have to wait until I get home after being at work all day. I heard somewhere that a dog’s perception of time differs from ours - that any amount of time longer than thirty minutes will simply feel like an eternity. This is supposed to comfort me but it doesn’t. Of course I don’t expect a dog to be able to think in terms of minutes and hours but I do think dogs recognize that the sun was over here and now it’s way over there – solar time.

So, if the Earth could quit rotating while I’m at work that would be super.

And if I can’t get a heads-up about whether my dog is ever going to stop hating me maybe the earth could just open up and swallow me whole because I think I would prefer that to the purgatory on this side of the crust and mantle.

mmmmm. crust.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home