Thursday, June 01, 2006

the next left...

...could be your last!

Not only did my dog (who hates me) run away this past memorial day weekend (
we got her back), but the same day, on the way to the Lobster Inn for dinner, we nearly got smashed by an SUV as we tried to make a left at this messed up intersection:



I don't think I was the one driving, but what I do remember is some lunkhead bearing down on us, laying on his* horn, when we tried to make our left turn (see second image labeled 'us' and 'them'):



The problem with this intersection is that the merging road, 'them', is accelerating right into the road we're on just as we're trying to make our left. Why this post? I have two, no three reasons:

1) I was just reading
this after arriving there via sadlyno.com, blog.3bulls.net and countless other places that are too cool and sassy for me to even link to... but anway it remined me of our harrowing hamptons hell-ride.

2) I don't know. Bored?

3) Because we were right in making our left damn it! That dumbfck who nearly drove right up our backside was supposed to yield -- He* was merging with our road! The little solid white line was facing him. We had the dotted white line side.

Anyway, we survived and had a nice meal. If I go back again I'll come at it from the east -- stupid intersection.


Oh, and if the other passengers from our car are reading this, feel free to explain in the comments how I am exagerating and full of it and/or being a big cry-baby. Or, better still, explain how this death-trap of an intersection is supposed to work. Bleh. Like I said, bored.

[google maps is the best. double true.]

*her? she?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home