Thursday, June 01, 2006

From Sasha to Sy

So a while back my parents give me a subscription to The New Yorker wherein I find a 'Pop Music' article by Sasha Frere-Jones on London pop-cycle Lily Allen and I promptly fire up the ol' microsoft internet explorer and check out her myspace site -- while I eat mac-and-cheese *** -- because I liked her cute polka-dot photo* and I managed to at least read the caption, if not that actual article:
Lily Allen's ska-inflected songs [something, something]
If the paragraph above does not illustrate how I am a capital 'D' Dork eight times over than I don't know what does. Seriously. To be clear, it's the conflagration of a gift-subscription from my wonderful, but aged parents to the The New Yorker print magazine that leads to a MS powered jaunt on the web prompted by a cute photo that caught my eye and a reference to 'ska' which I thought I got out of my system nearly ten years ago. The only way it could be worse would be if I followed it with an Ikea catalogue chaser. Sad.

Fun song tho. I like the video too. I like the bike. Very Pee Wee's Big Adventure** - Pass the Pee Wee 'pon the lef' han' side.

* I can say that because I've heard about Heath and Jake from wife enough times to know that I am entitled to a little oggling too.

** Ok, SECOND time I've brought up that movie
on this blog... DORK!

[...and the non-stop music blogging continues. if something happens with the dog (who hates me) -- like dramatically more or less hate/agnst -- i'll try and and post it to this music/youtube blog/linkdump.]

*** Update 6/13/2006 11:32 PM: ... I forgot about that KITH sketch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home