Saturday, September 02, 2006

FLW FPS

very cool!

I've been to
Falling Water in Bear Run, PA and this first person shooter (Half-Life2) walk-through is very nicely done. I especially like the way the visitor seems to be looking around as if seeing it for the first time or searching for power-ups on the map or something. very cool. odd. hyperreal. I like it.

I only wish the author saw fit to inlude the steps down to the swimming area from the living room - they lead down to a little landing that's suspended just above the water while the terraced house looms just overhead*. These steps may not be on the tour but there is a fly-by where you get close enough to the falls to hear the sound of rushing water - a nice touch.

Maybe the government can add this to my reel when they take me to the euthanasia center and then ship my remains off to the Soylent Corporation.



- they just need to add a little music and I'm good to go.

via boingboing.net

* Update 9/2/2006 3:47 PM: this thingamadoodle. Where is it? I need it! It's the freaking cherry on top man.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home