Wednesday, July 26, 2006

MIA

Oops. Haven’t posted in a while. We had this major deadline where I work. One of our best and oldest customers needed a rush order filled ASAP. Oh no! I just outed myself… yes, I work at munitions factory.

Now before you white-collar types -- you pencil-necks sitting there surfing the tubes with your interenets when you should be pushing a pencil -- before you go and dismiss me as some joe-bag-o-doughnuts shit-stacker with a blog let me tell you something – I am an artist! My medium? Well, in layman’s terms, it's bombs. Which is why I am so incensed over this. How can they let these kids deface my art. I did not sign up for this! Totally not Ka-Blamo. My art is not some coloring book for a bunch of booger-eaters to scribble on. My art is about transcending the hum-drum everyday world where buildings, roads and airports remain intact and limbs stay attached to bodies and cruise ships are stuck in a rut carrying nothing but elderly tourists day after day. A central tenet of my artwork is you must destroy in order to create. If I can’t get some respect for my craft I’m going to have to go into some other field like advertising or telemarketing. Sure, I would still be helping to make the world a better place but somehow I think there would be an empty place in my heart. Peace. Out.

(psst. this was absurdist satire. i don't really work at a bomb factory)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home