Friday, July 14, 2006

Broken Mascis Scene

[added] Alternate post title - 'standing on the shoulders of slackers'

Oops. I never reported back about the
BSS show in prospect park. Well, let me tell you - it rocked. Great show. Lots of clapping and switching of instuments and a little playing while blindfolded too. Fun was had by all. Well maybe not all. If they played five minutes more I think New York's finest would have locked them up for distubing the peace or something -- outdoor concerts very near expensive parkside residences tend to not go too late for some reason... Kevin Drew kept asking what time it was.

But, being late to the 'scene' scene, I just now learned myself something - apparently they've played a bunch of times ...well, at least once anyway (what do I know)... with
J Mascis (Dinosaur Jr.) and now it all makes sense. At the show I saw a dude walking around in a Dinosaur Jr tee - which got my radar up since Dinosaur Jr is like *so* ten years ago (try fifteen) but I says to myself 'hey, dude likes Dinosaur Jr. and that's a damn good thing so more power to him'. But now... now I understand.

I wish I knew
all this prior to the show but I don't like to study up on bands that I am just getting into.* Anyway, here's a youtube of BSS with J Mascis - link (sorry, kinda crappy quality).

Now, please excuse me while I dig out my old Green Mind cd.

* thanks again to my wife for buying the tickets and for buying me a clue.

ps. there's some youtubage of the prospect park show but the sound is for shite. trust me.

Update 7/14/2006 2:16 AM: Hey - look at this! a b00tl3g of the BSS BMS show! Let's check it out.... sounds good so far!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home