Thursday, July 13, 2006

The internet is not a truck

...and the office where I work is not a truck.

But if it was a truck it would have busted air-conditioning. I guess I should be glad that the series of tubes that comprise the internets are functioning - can they overheat?

Here's some cool music that actually makes me feel *cooler*, as in less uncomfortably hot - if music could ever do such a thing (mind over matter and all that) -
Beta Band (youtube, of course)

To cool off, I found a place for lunch with good A/C. I picked up an audiophile type magazine on the way so I could drool over the high-priced HiFi equipment* while I eat and cool down. Sometimes I find good music reviews too -
The Absolute Sound (June/July) has a review of this and I might have to go get it.

* [added] Oops- I meant to say that I don't really know a lot about HiFi equipment, I just appreciate the way a great set up sounds (and looks). I don't think I could tell the difference between a super high end rig and something more affordable like my NAD C370 which I am quite pleased with (good power). I picked it up pretty cheap as a refurb at this cute little place. Someday I will educate myself about HiFi stuff but for now I am simply a smitten noob.

-- [added too] Oh, and it's really quite sad when the subway, the neglected C train especially, which was hotter than Hades back in the day I'm told, is cooler than your office. This is the one nice thing I will ever say about the C Train. Ever.

[7/13/2006 6:15 PM - edited for clarity. what can I say? it's too hot to think straight.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home