Saturday, July 01, 2006

don't fire...



until you see whites of their eyes*

my wife likes
broken social scene (youtube video for 'Stars and Sons' by Broken Social Scene) but she is asleep right now. I will show her this tomorrow (um, later today? in the morning). Also, Broken Social Scene will be performing thursday in Brooklyn's Prospect Park. We plan on going.**

I figure one drummer can set up over by
grand army plaza and the other can set up down by park slope pavillion*** and the other two or three ga-jillion band members can just line up in between them. I think they have six guitarists or something - think squirrel nut zippers times two... but with hip, contemporary music and fewer brass, woodwind and kazoo-like instruments that nobody's ever heard of before or knows how to play because they were all re-purposed to help make crazy tuba-flute-kazoo-hooch in some backwoods distillery in the late 20's/early thirties.

I should go to bed now. I don't want my cold to come back.

* post title explained
here if you take a moment to realize broken social scene is closer in size to some military unit than your typical lead, rhythm, bass and drums band set up. plus it's a quote from the revlutionary war so it's like patriotic and isht.

** I assume she got tickets already - otherwise we'll just stand near the concert I guess.

*** Update 7/1/2006 10:44 PM: via eefers.blogspot.com - I changed the park slope pavillion link from the lame newyork.cityserach.com page to a curbed.com post per my click-through from the comments at the
face recognition post at gawker.com.
... umm... anyway, long story short - since I subscribe to netflix I share in the blame. I'm sorry Pavillion Movie Theater. I should have loved you more. I hereby resolve to read more curbed.com.****

****Update 7/1/2006 10:49 PM: never mind. false alarm (or false start at least).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home