Sunday, July 02, 2006

Elvis, Elvis, Eire!

in light of this post (and because I couldn't find a video of Elvis Costello performing 'Accidents')* and in an effort to politely point out to someone that there's more than one Elvis in Rock and Roll, while overlooking the fact that only one of them had the name 'Elvis' at birth, here's Elvis Costello performing lip-synching (no mic) Oliver's Army - and here's a little wiki write-up if some of the lyrics wig you out or leave you scratching your head.

* I did find
this though - Death Cab For Cutie doing a sound check. audio is bad and video is jerky. and it's only part of the song. and the cymbal ruins it IMHO. but, there it is.

also, for the record / disclaimer:

1) I am no expert on Elvis Costello's politics. I have one greatest hits album and that's about it.

2) I had a classmate in high school of Irish descent who talked a somewhat militant talk back in 1990 or so - sort of
along these lines I suppose but I was not then nor am I now an expert on any part of that history - that craziness up to and including, at long last, the Good Friday Agreement.

2a) I did see
this though. Good flick with some great acting by Daniel Day Lewis on par with his brillance in Scorsese's Gangs of New York - and apropos to the pathetically weak argument the Whitehouse is still trying to make about the so-called valuable intelligence they are supposedly getting from forced confessions literally coughed up by the permanently detained and occasionally water-boarded 'enemy combatants'.

Oh! and you have to see
this too!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home