Saturday, May 06, 2006

goss half empty

or is is the Porter Goss story half full of it? Either way there's something off about the official story - which makes me an optimist I guess.

Kevin Drum at washingtonmonthly.com:
After hours of blogospheric speculation yesterday that Porter Goss was forced to resign as CIA director because of some mysterious (and still undetermined) connection to Hookergate, the conventional wisdom in the press today has congealed around something very different: it was just the final act in a long-running turf war with National Intelligence Director John Negroponte.

[...]

the press seems to have rather suddenly discovered this turf war.
I think this CIA turf war explanation is highly dubious for that exact reason - if it was such an issue why are we just hearing about it now? Why the sudden and immediate resignation? If this story develops the way I hope it does the damage to the Republicans in Congress and the Administration will be beyond repair.

I can only hope.

link via Eschaton

...and I updated my earlier post with far too many fun Florida facts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home