Tuesday, May 02, 2006

must... not... update...

must... create... new... post!

So I finally caught an episode of the new Dr. Who on SciFi. No Daleks in this one, dang it, just some bat-like things that swoop down and chomp on you after some time traveler (sorry) Time Lord comes to your village and starts mucking around with the time-space continuum. I'm glad they kept the theme song intact. And the Tardis is the same, complete with the overloaded-washing-machine sound effect. I was never a major devotee to the show, it just always stuck me as unique and a general impression has stayed with me over the years. It's probably just that there was more talking than car chases and explosions - i.e. it was not American television*. Mrs. Greenthoughts remembers Dr. Who as one of the few showed that her parents allowed her to watch growing up - PBS being the closet thing there is to 'good-for-you' television (That was the case in those pre-cable TV days anyway). So, anyway, looking forward to getting to know the new Doctor.

*Don't think I am bashing American TV (even though I am). I was a proud owner of one of those die-cast red Ford Gran Torino model cars with the white stripe. Sweet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home