Monday, April 24, 2006

dalek/not dalek

If I knew how to create blog categories this would fall under the same one as this old post. Call it Malaprop Photoshop-isms or something.

This is also somewhat related to the 'Update: Super Duper Tangent Edition' of the post below about corporate public relations and what not. See, we have this new coffee machine at work (Yes, I am employed. Pet food doesn't grow on trees - yet) and I think DeLonghi is trying to get in on some of Starbucks' publicity from the whole 'Ha Ha, look at us, we're big, evil and bent on gobal domination' gag as seen in
Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me (1999) with this obviously Dalek inspired-coffee maker -



"Percolate! Percolate!"

Maybe I'll catch the new Dr. Who sometime now that I have BBC America on cable since I'm obviously jonesing for a fix.

Update 4/24/2006 8:25 PM: find a non-corporate cafe/coffee house here.

Update 4/24/2006 8:53 PM: Well this blows. I can't find Dr. Who listed on bbcamerica.com. Well at least I have my Little Britain (caught some the other night) and The Young Ones, Faulty Towers, and of course The Office (all listed but haven't happened upon it yet during my couch potato sessions). But no Dr. Who?

F'ck.

What's sadder than not having Dr. Who to watch on cable TV? Blogging about how you're going to watch Dr. Who on cable TV and then realizing a few minutes later that you can't. Sad. Almost as sad as my dog hating me - which I should write about again because it's getting a little worse - and pretty kitty is dying/going mad.

Wait! It's on Scifi! sweet.

OK, time to get a life.

- end of transmission -


- oops, begin transmission -

Update 4/26/2006 6:24 PM: Now I remember how I got the Dr. Who seed stuck in my brain - it happenened when I strolled thru dextrslab.blogspot.com. My mind is like a leaky sponge - my poor leaky, sponge-like brain in my "GIGANTIC HEAD"* .

*as per The Editors at thepoorman.net

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home