Saturday, April 08, 2006

Dog/Pussy*

My dog, she hates me. But perhaps not as much now. To maintain some connection to my URL/blog title I will provide a mini-update on the little furry ones (or at least on two of the three). Plus, it gives my inner eight-year old an excuse to post under a silly title and my inner twenty-something an excuse to name-check a dope (yet defunct) punk band from Phila, PA.**

My dog is
less orange now according to my wife. This is good (sorry, no pic). I don't see it but I haven't done a blind scientific study so who knows. If she is indeed less orange it means she is licking herself less which should mean she is less nervous. She could be less nervous because a) 'Mommy' has been more available lately. b) my dog hates me less c) a combination of 'a' and 'b'. *OR* She is still just as nevous and a) my wife's rods and cones are defective or b) my rods and cones are defective or c) my dog keeps a secret stash of greyish paint that she touches up her coat with *OR* ... OK, I'll stop.

Who knows. I need a control group. If you're reading this, send me your not-orange but nervous four year old italian greyhound so I can get some answers in the form of cold hard science-y advanced-canine-emotional-studies facts and figures.

Oh, and she made a flight to LA and back with 'Mommy' recently with few or no problems so that's encouraging. So, yeah, that's where the dog is at lately.

Pretty Kitty is sick so she gets stuck with a needle and juiced in the scruff of her neck with one of these every so often:



I think she is supposed to get the IV every day or so but we do it maybe once a week. We (Mr. & Mrs. Greenthoughts) would do it more often except that Pretty Kitty, well, flips out! We even warm up the IV juice but it is still just like torture for her. For a kitty with a bad heart and bad kidneys and little or no weight/mass she puts up a hell of a struggle. I suppose we should cut her claws more too. She put one clear through the skin on my right wrist (again, sorry, no pic). I looked at my hands as I was holding her down because it hurt more that it has in the past - and I see the tip of her claw poking through the other side of my skin. Nice. ROWWWRR.

-End of transmission-

* Dead Milkmen lyrics
here.

Update 4/8/2006 8:49 PM: And for a little pan-postal fun see Dead Milkmen's "Methodist Coloring Book"

** Update: 4/8/2006 9:21 PM: Somebody's milking that whole "sixth borough" thing... . Sixth borough? maybe by train - but sure as hell not by car. Longest 100 miles of my life - evry f'ckin time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home