Friday, January 06, 2006

1,385 feet*

I just found this rad** photo browsing through a construction industry newsletter. It was originally featured in the New York Times, taken by Vincent Laforet on 1/19/2001 January 13, 2000. My curiosity's piqued - so I'll check out this archived WNYC show.

On a certain level, the idea of being this high up appeals to me - the perspective, the excitement, the whole urban spelunking thing. On another level I think I should leave this to the professionals - although I did rappel 'Australian Style'*** a long time ago... and rock climbing in Thailand in early 2004 was pretty bitchin'** too even though I am a complete novice.

Anyway, great photo. Here's a bigger version

* From Vincent Laforet's caption. Top of broadcast antenna:
1472 feet
**Sorry. I'll grow up now.
***Not a picture of me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home