Friday, May 19, 2006

modern

lovers -modern - lovers - lovers- modern - modern - lovers

She cracked

too short at 2:48 long... I could listen to the 30 minute extended remix if there was such a thing. drone-y like some stereo labish guitars and whatnot**.

yes. I'm up at 5 AM. I will be going home to bed within the hour. huh? not blogging from home? No, I am blogging from my wage-slave-cube-ick-le.* gonna ride the subway home at sun-up.

*nice big flat screen though... and I found a 11 percent alchomohol beer in the mini-fridge. the fruits of my labor? the monster (ale) in a (ice) box? Now look what I've done -- I had to go and ruin my no-sleep, stong-beer buzz by reminding myslef of the poor bastard genius jumping off the staten island ferry.

cracked.

** Update 5/22/2006 11:17 PM: or Velvet-y Underground-ish if you must (must you?).

Oh, and with a nod to this meme I ordered this today to replace a long lost copy. It doesn't really fit the meme (NRO’s Top 50 Conservative Rock Songs: progressive rock songs co-opted by someone at nationalreview.com) because the irony/sarcasm/hyperbole factor of 6FS songs muck it up. Some ultra-nationalist, pro-military, abortion-clinic-bombing freakazoid would take J Ryan's lyrics at face value and, well, I don't think that's the point of the exercise: The obvious progressive/liberal meaning of the song must be completely ignored or misunderstood and secretly replaced with some conservative message and/or folgers crystals.

Anyway... I bought it and hopefully I won't lose it this time.

Maybe "Board The Bus" is a good candidate: "Board the Bus! Board the Bus! No talking!, No talking!" (paraphrasing) seems like something the National Review and its ilk would like to scream (again, without irony) at the working, bus-riding public (70% or more of whom presumably disapprove of President Bush).

Hmm, OK, so maybe it doesn't work - this Sub Pop moog fest would never show up on a list of NRO’s Top 50 Conservative Rock Songs - but it might fit a different, imagined, list: NRO’s Top 50 Conservative Rock Songs To Start Bar Fights And Then Hide In The Corner To And Make Love To Your Baby In A Jar By.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home