Saturday, February 11, 2006

I want to spy like an eagle

At alternet.org 'rights & liberties' I find Hey, Kids: Spying Is Fun!... I think somebody's been spying on me!

Why is my dog (who hates me *and* spies on me?) so nervous around me? And Tuxedo kitty sure has been in the litter box a long time! 'Meow!' Meow!' -- Pretty kitty makes it sound like an accusation or a signal to the SWAT team waiting outside my door. What's going on here?! Damn you CSS Sam!

Update 2/11/2006 11:46 PM: Also at alternet.org 'New this weekend' is a book review of An Interrupted Life:
There is nothing wrong with celebrating a writer with words -- it's a standard in the realm of the scribe. But Spalding Gray was more than just a collection of thoughts. It was the way he presented those ideas, the way he connected with audiences and drew them into his imaginary world that really made the difference.
I saw him perform "It's a Slippery Slope" a/k/a "Skiing To New England" and it really was an experience. Perhaps it is the monologue form, the minimalism of the presentation or maybe it was all him, his voice, his story. I'm so glad I saw him perform that one time at least.

I could argue that this relates to the domestic spying story but it doesn't. Although, Spaulding Gray made a career, made fame, for himself by pouring out in lyrical form what most of us desperately keep hidden away from others or try to crush to a pulp, to keep secret or destroy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home