Sunday, October 09, 2005

m-o-r-e-m-p-3-3



OK, my first music post was a little weak, so here's another attempt - a nice coda to my recent trip to ex-whaling town Nantucket via Providence -

loadrecords.com:

Although the band is no longer active, this CD stands as a monument to our whaling heritage...and rocks your boat out of the water.

Astoveboat - 'Oh Apparition'

Oh, so now this is a blog about whaling? I dunno, let's ask Whiskey Johnnie -

'Twas whiskey made me pawn my clo'es.
Whis-key! John-nie!
An' whiskey got me a broken nose.
Oh, whis-key for my John-nie!

Well, Johnnie, that wasn't much of an answer - now go put some pants on.

How 'bout we ask a Bantam Classic -

Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world. It is a way I have of driving off the spleen and regulating the circulation. Whenever I find myself growing grim about the mouth; whenever it is a damp, drizzly November in my soul; whenever I find myself involuntarily pausing before coffin warehouses, and bringing up the rear of every funeral I meet; and especially whenever my hypos get such an upper hand of me, that it requires a strong moral principle to prevent me from deliberately stepping into the street, and methodically knocking people's hats off- then, I account it high time to get to sea as soon as I can. This is my substitute for pistol and ball.

--Herman Melville's Moby Dick


Indeed. This is my substitute for pistol and ball. ;-)

PS, more music to come - perhaps even a *current* artist!


Update 10/14/2005 3:30 PM: Fixed the audio link. Thanks putfile.com !

Update 2/12/2006 12:32 AM: WTF? Now the audio link is no good. I get no respect, no respect I tells ya.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home